Breville is renowned for the quality of their small kitchen appliances worldwide and their line of juicing machines is no exception. They have designed some of the top rated centrifugal juicers currently on the market. With sturdy construction, easy to use controls, simple to clean machines, and powerful motors that cut through any type of fruit or vegetable it is easy to see why they are so popular.
Their BJE820XL Juice Fountain Duo is their top of the line model that is sure to impress with all of its features and capabilities. It is a little pricey, but its well worth with for the health conscious person who needs their juicing done in the shortest amount of time. Breville juicer ratings are always quite high because owners love preparing their favorite juice recipes with them on a daily basis. If you are in the market for a new juice extractor, this is one model definitely worth considering.
Features of the BJE820XL
Whether you want to juice a soft fruit like a banana or hard one like a carrot, the BJE820XL will do it all fast and efficiently. It is equipped with two discs to enable you get the most from a wide range of fresh fruits and vegetables. As if that’s not enough, this unit comes with a 1200W powerful motor, which enables it to handle the toughest fruits and vegetables with ease. Learn more about this versatile juicer in this in-depth review.
Two Machines In One
The dual disc juicer comes with 2 discs – a Nutri disc with stainless steel mesh filter basket and titanium-reinforced cutting blades, which easily shreds hard fruits and spins out the pulp. Besides the Nutri disc, it also has a stainless steel puree disc with a soft fruit insert, which ensures you get maximum yield from soft fruits and vegetables like bananas, strawberries etc. Being able to make fresh, healthy juices and smoothies with one machine, not only saves you time, but space too.
5 Variable Speeds
You can adjust the juicer’s robust motor to operate at 5 different speeds (6,500 RPM, 8,100 RPM, 9,700 RPM, 11,300 RPM, and 13,000 RPM) to give you total control over the juicing process. For soft fruits and veggies, it is advisable to set the lowest speed to allow you to get maximum yields and nutrients. Feel free to increase the speeds as necessary depending on what you’re juicing.
Large Feed Chute
Just like other Breville juicers, the Fountain Duo comes with an extra wide (3-inch wide) feed chute, which enables you to feed whole fruits like carrots, bananas, apples etc into the juicer, without cutting them into smaller pieces. This significantly reduces preparation time, and saves you lots of time and energy in the long run.
Large Capacity Pulp Container
The unit can hold up to 3 liters of produce extract in its pulp container and 1.2 liters of liquid inside its juice jug. This capacity is large enough to cater for the juicing needs of most families. Note that the juice jug has a built-in froth separator, to ensure your juices are free of froth.
High Quality Construction
The juicer is built to not only perform well, but last longer too. Its die-cast metal body gives it a solid feel and polished look, while the stainless steel mesh filter and titanium-reinforced cutting discs make it strong and durable.
This feature shuts off the juicer automatically when it senses an overload. By doing so, it prevents overheating of the unit, making it lasts longer.
Direct Central Feed System
This unique and patented system centers the feed chute over the Nutri disc, thereby helping to minimize noise and vibrations while extracting juice.
Easy Clean Up
Cleaning this multi-purpose juicer from Breville is a breeze with the cleaning brush included. Simply use it to scrape out the leftover pulp from the juicer and clean the rest of the parts in your dishwasher.
- The juicer’s dual discs make it possible to juice both hard and soft fruits and vegetables.
- Equipped with a powerful motor and 5 adjustable speed settings, this model can juice or puree just about anything thrown into it extremely fast.
- The extra-wide feed tube allows you to insert whole fruits without chopping them into smaller pieces. This reduces preparation time significantly.
- The heavy duty die cast metal body of the juicer not only makes it look stylish and modern in the kitchen, but also increases its durability.
- The unit is also very easy to take apart and clean after juicing. A cleanup brush is included to help you take care of the mesh filter, while the rest of the parts can be cleaned in your dishwasher with ease.
- Many users say they love the high quality and great-tasting juices made from this unit, which hardly contains any froth or pulp.
- The juicer can be a bit loud, especially when on the highest setting. But, that’s a small price to pay considering how fast and efficient it is.
- A few customers have also complained that the 1 year warranty of the juicer is too short.
- Centrifugal juicers are not the best options when it comes to juicing leafy green vegetables like kale, wheatgrass, or cabbage.
The Breville BJE820XL is a well-built unit that has proven to be extremely fast and efficient at making juices and purees from a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. This is indeed one of the best Breville juicers on the market for those who need something that is fast and reliable. The fact that it combines two machines in 1 helps to not only reduce appliance clutter in the kitchen, but also saves money in the long run. It’s highly recommended for anyone who wants to get healthy through juicing.